Mr Nathan Wall
Airside Safety Lead
- How are security personnel within airports and airlines currently preparing to combat the threat from civilian-operated drones? How do they develop risk assessments that incorporate the misuse of RPAs?
- Which counter-drone technologies are of greatest interest to airport security officers? How can airports work with industry to develop solutions that are realistically deployable?
- Establishing clear requirements for an airport-based C-UAV system. Determining optimal detection ranges, reaction times and reaction types
- Analysing the risk of a drone-led terrorist attack. To what extent should the danger from RPAs be incorporated within an airport’s broader counter-terror policy?
- If drone engagement remains legally complex, how can airports maximise their ability to detect drones within their airspace? Are commercially available radar systems sufficient to deliver the precise detection of small airborne platforms?
- If counter-drone technology is to be deployed, who should pay for it – the Airport or the national CAA?