Mr Peter Alty
Agency RPAS Manager
EUROCONTROL & JARUS
10:10 AM PANEL DISCUSSION: UPDATING THE REGULATION OF THE AIRSPACE TO MITIGATE THE THREAT FROM DRONES
- Understanding how existing airspace regulation needs to be updated to support the regular deployment of counter-drone capability
- Which technologies will be the most difficult to incorporate within an updated C-UAV regulatory framework?
- Establishing accountability for C-UAV strategy and capability. Limiting liability and risk for infrastructure owners and law enforcement operators
- To what extent must the C-UAV regulation governing airports differ from that controlling the airspace over and around other secure sites?
- How can improved regulation cope with both the accidental and intentional misuse of civilian-controlled RPAs?
- Developing Europe’s existing ATM system to deal with the proliferation of civilian-operated drones. Establishing safe conduct across the international airspace
- Centralising the ATM network to support a coordinated approach to the drone threat
- How will the SESAR 2020 project enhance the detection of small airborne platforms, and how can common processes be established to ensure a legal and effective response?